On a nesting beach
Remove sun umbrellas, sunbeds, and other beach furniture from the beach.
Switch off or cover bright lights that are visible from the nesting beach.
Do not dig out the nests. The sea turtles, their nests, their eggs and the hatchlings are protected by Greek law and international conventions.
4.Do not move the nest signs, the protective cages above the nests or the special paths for the hatchlings.
Do not touch the hatchlings. It is important that they find on their own their way to the sea.
- Do not light fires at night on the sea turtle nesting beaches.
- Avoid using vehicles on the beach..
- Avoid going very fast on a motor boat, close to a nesting beach.
- Get information on more specific rules for the protection of sea turtle nesting on this beach in ARCHELON’s Information Stations and follow them.
- Visit ARCHELON’s website to learn all about sea turtle conservation.