1. Are there specific risk assessments for the projects?
A: The operation of the Rescue Center and the projects on nesting beaches were constantly evaluated on the basis of the state of risk and measures taken for the COVID-19 pandemic during 2020. We implemented plans for continuous monitoring and minimization of risks and developed protocols to deal with possible infections amongst staff and volunteers. These will continue to be implemented in 2021. See in detail all the measures related to COVID-19.
2. What if a volunteer is unable to travel because of a COVID-19 infection?
A: The Volunteer Officer must be notified by e-mail email@example.com immediately. The volunteer will be invited to reschedule as soon as possible after their recovery. A renewed medical opinion on their health condition will be required before being re-admitted to the project.
3. What happens if a volunteer gets COVID-19 during the project?
A: The due diligence and emergency response process is carried out at the Rescue Center and the nesting beach projects according to the latest relevant instructions of the authorities. We remind you that volunteers must have their own health insurance. ARCHELON offers insurance in case of accident (up to a certain financial limit).
4. Will there be extra charges if a volunteer participation is rescheduled due to COVID-19?
A. In case rescheduling is possible for the same type of project (e.g. nesting beaches, Rescue Center) and the same participation period as originally agreed, there will be no additional charges or refunds due to changes in high / low period.
5. What if, due to COVID-19, the duration of the final participation is different from the originally agreed?
A: In such cases, the volunteer participation fees will be recalculated according to the final dates and will be balanced with an additional payment or partial refund.
6. What happens if a volunteer cancels his / her participation due to COVID-19?
A: The cancellation policy is applied and includes a special provision for COVID related cancellation requests sent by email in less than 8 weeks before the participation date. See the cancellation policy.
7. What if COVID-19-related measures affect the date a volunteer leaves a program?
A: In such a case, we will discuss with them the possibility of extending the participation period.
8. How will internships be affected in relation to the coronavirus COVID-19?
A: All the above that concern volunteers in ARCHELON’s projects also apply to internships.
9. Will the measures taken by ARCHELON in the projects be applied also to people vaccinated against COVID-19?
A: Yes, the measures are applied regardless of whether or not they have been vaccinated, or their country of origin. Although those who have a vaccination certificate are not expected to get sick themselves, it is known that they can be carriers of the virus and pass it on to others. If even one person in each team gets sick, with or without symptoms, the success of the whole project is at risk.